The information provided in these pages is to assist you in preparing your application. The information provided here is not a substitute for legal advice. The content of this website is intended for informational purposes only and the court is not providing legal advice by or through the availability of this information.
Amendments to the Hight Court Rules 2004 took effect on 1 July 2016. These amendments change the procedures for special leave applications and removal applications. Updated forms and notes are available for matters commenced after 1 July 2016. Links to the High Court Rules and Amendments are available at Filing documents.
Should you have any questions you should contact an Office of the Registry. A complete list of the offices and their locations is available at the Offices of the Registry page.
There are some frequently used forms available to download at Forms.
Information regarding fees payable in the High Court of Australia is available at Fees.
- Registry Office Services (PDF 21k) (RTF 36k)
- How to commence a civil special leave application if you are representing yourself (PDF 21k) (RTF 139k)
- How to commence a criminal special leave application if you are representing yourself (PDF 22k) (RTF 130k)
- Information about applications to show cause (PDF 13k) (RTF 26k)
- Information on preparing application books (PDF 37k) (RTF 1Mb)
- Information on preparing appeal books (PDF 34k) (RTF 986k)